Sunday, October 2, 2016

Caramel Balayage Breakdown



DISCLAIMER: THIS IS A STEP-BY-STEP TUTORIAL TO BE PERFORMED BY LICENSED PROFESSIONALS ONLY. I AM NOT PROMOTING NON-LICENSED PROFESSIONALS TO DO THIS AT HOME OR IN A SALON.




Hey Everyone! Today I wanted to give you a 3 step guide to go from a "Summer Balayage Ombre" to a "Fall Foilage" look. If you're interested in my technique for this look & my personal formulas used then, please keep reading!


Hair History:
Let's get started... First let me give you a little hair history on my beautiful client Meghan. We have been doing a "summer balayage ombre" on her and she had let it grow out from May until the end of September. When she came in for her fall hair appointment she had voiced how she wanted to go a little darker but not too far from her natural color (6-7 level naturally) and she wanted to still have a little lightness and dimension to her hair. Meghan's hair had lightened even more during the summer from natural lift of the sun, so I was able to achieve this look without any lightener & with my conditioning foilage technique.



Step-by-Step Tutorial:

Step 1:
 With Isolated foils, weave a combination of baby lights and basic weave patterns and coat the hair with a conditioning treatment from mid-shaft to the ends of the hair. You want to make sure to leave the root area with room to place the base color.

Step 2: 
Use Formula 1 to coat the hair left out of foils from roots to ends. Make sure to use a comb to pull the formula from roots to end to make sure each hair is coated. 

Step 3
When processing time is completed, rinse the hair with cool water and towel dry the hair. Then you will apply formula 3 to the rest of the hair at the shampoo bowl to gloss over the hair. Once you see the desired color on the previously lightened hair you will rinse, shampoo and condition the hair. 



Formulas:
Conditioning Treatment: Olaplex No. 2
Formula 1: Redken Shades Eq Gloss 5NW 
Formula 2: Redken Shades Eq Gloss equal parts 7NB & 7GB




Thank you for stopping by and checking out my "3 Step Tutorial" on how to achieve a Fall Foilage. If you have any questions, comments or just want to send some love please don't hesitate to reach out. If you have any ideas or thoughts on what you want me to write about next just let me know. I would love to hear your suggestions! 


No comments:

Post a Comment